If you want to know ALL about these hazards, go to the U.S Consumer Products Safety Commission web site, http://www.cpsc.gov/sitemap.html.
- Install a CO detector
- Install GFCI (ground-fault circuit interrupter) outlets wherever there can be water: baths, kitchen, garage, exterior, swimming pool, spa.
- FENCE IT IN with a SELF-LATCHING gate.
- Ground all electrical equipment and lights.
Stair and Balcony Guard Rails
- Make certain space between rails is 4 in. or less so toddlers can’t fall through.
- Install smoke detectors—at least one on each floor. Use the electric type as opposed to battery powered.
- Test your water at least once a year. Your local department of health can help you with this.
- Use only a METAL dryer duct. Vinyl ducts can catch fire. Keep the duct clean.
- Replace outlets and switches with co/alr rated devices and have ceiling fixtures checked for the appropriate wire nuts.